Staying Cool During Summer Weddings
If you are planning a summer wedding these are some tips for keeping your guests happy and staying cool during summer weddings while you tie the knot.
- Relax the dress code, allow your guests to dress more casual, instead of black tie, suggest a shirt and tie and for the ladies long flowy dresses.
- Choose a flowy bridal gown for yourself as well, a lightweight dress can carry you into the evening without getting too hot.
- Another option would be to change it to a short dress you can dance the night away in.
- Stay away from liquid makeup it will run with your sweat and wear your hair up.
- Talk to your florist about what flowers hold up better in the heat and go with more durable blooms.
- As you guests arrive and make their way to there seats for the ceremony, make sure they have a beverage.
- Make it refreshing, think citrus.
- Provide things that your guests may have forgotten like sunscreen, fans, sunglasses, etc.
- Use natural shade, scout out your venue beforehand. See if there a shaded spot and when the best time of day for your ceremony would be.
- Create sweat survival kits for your bridal party, with things like sunscreen, deodorant, and sweat blotters.
- For your reception have an option where you guests can go inside where there is air conditioning, where they can get a reprieve from the heat.
- You may also want to consider fans for your dance floor if you are hosting your entire event outside.
- And a personal favorite is to pack a cooler full with damp washcloths so that throughout the day you can have a bit of relief from the heat with a cool towel, especially during photographs.
We would love to chat more about all your wedding plans. Contact us today for more info about our photography packages and pricing.