Questions To Ask Your Wedding Photographer
Today on the blog we are bringing you a list of questions to ask before booking a wedding photographer. When most people plan their weddings they have no idea where to start when it comes to booking a wedding photographer. And the obvious reason is you’ve never done this before. Well, we’ve got you covered. To today we are going to talk all about the questions to ask before you book the photographer of your dreams.
You definitely want to make sure that you have viewed their online portfolio and Instagram feed and love their style. We are also going to answer these questions the way we would if someone were inquiring with us. Grab a cup of coffee, tea, Coca-cola and enjoy!
A Little Background Check
- Do you have my wedding date available? Yes
- How far in advance do I need to book? Typically couples book 6-12 months in advance but we do not have a required time of booking as long as your date is still available.
- Who will be shooting my wedding, the owner of the studio or an associate? If its an associate you want to make sure you can talk with them or meet them. We are a husband and wife team, so I, Tanya and my husband Harry shoot all our weddings together.
- How many weddings have you photographed? One hundred and five
- How many years have you been photographing weddings? Since 2010
- Can I see a full gallery of a recent wedding you have photographed? Yes absolutely!
This will give you an idea of what you can expect to receive from that photographer for your full wedding gallery.
- What is your working process blend in and unseen or loud and in charge? A little of both, for the most part, we tend to be behind the scenes, but at the appropriate times will direct our couples such as family formals or posing.
- What are your wedding packages and prices? You can contact us here, we’d be glad to send you our pricing guide.
- Is an engagement session included in your package? Yes, we include an engagement session in our wedding coverage.
- How many hours do you offer in your base package? Our base packages includes 8 hours of coverage.
- Do you charge travel fees? Not within the Southeastern United States, otherwise please inquire about our travel fees to other parts of the country or abroad.
- Is it okay if other people take photos while you are taking photos? We do not mind when family members take snapshots or phone shots as long as it does not interfere with our process. However, we do ask we are the sole professional photographers for your wedding day.
- Do you offer albums and prints? Can we purchase these from you? Yes, and Yes, please inquire for more information.
- How long will it take to receive our images? And how do we receive them? On average 6-8 weeks for the full gallery, we do send out sneak peeks so you are not dying in the meantime. We provide a USB drive and an online gallery to our couples.
- How much of a retainer do you require? Also, when is it due? Our retainer fee is 25% of your total package price to secure your wedding day and is due upon booking.
- Do you accept payments? We are happy to set up any payment plan you would like, but the full balance must be paid no later than a week before the wedding date.
- Do you have liability insurance? Yes
- In the event that a camera is damaged, do you have backup equipment? Yes, you can be assured that we travel with multiple camera setups in the event any equipment is damaged or not working properly.
- If you cannot photograph my wedding for some unforeseeable event, what is your plan? One I will say in our 9 years of photographing weddings we have never had to deal with this issue, however, if an event does happen where we are unable to photograph your wedding we will inform you as soon as possible and do our very best to help you find a replacement photographer.
- Will you post our wedding online and where? Yes, we love to share sneak peeks of our client’s wedding days on Instagram and Facebook. We also post a blog about your wonderful day a few weeks after the wedding. However, if a client asks us to not post we are happy to accommodate these requests.
If you are planning the wedding of your dreams and are looking for that perfect photographer. We would love to chat with you! Contact us today for more information! We can’t wait to hear from you!